PTAC Repair, Installation & Replacement Services
Armanch is a reputable PTAC Repair & Maintenance Company in Toronto. We offer HVAC services to residential, commercial, and condominium buildings. The majority of well-known PTAC manufacturers, including AMANA, ISLANDAIRE, PERFECT COMFORT, APPLIED COMFORT, CARRIER, MCQUAY, GE Zoneline, and GE Appliance, are familiar to our service technicians.
Hotel rooms, condo apartments, dorm rooms, stores, offices, banks, and restaurants regularly use PTAC units.
If You are a Property Manager or Homeowner, Contact Us Today To Get a Free Estimate Today!
For PTAC Units, we offer the following services:
- Emergency Repair
- Annual Maintenance
- Upgrade, Installation & Replacement
What Are Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners (PTACs)?
In hotels and apartment complexes, ductless, self-contained air conditioning systems known as "packaged terminal air conditioners" (PTAC) are frequently employed. PTACs are mounted on a building's exterior wall. When a PTAC is installed, the evaporator side of the unit is placed inside and the condensing side is placed outside the building wall. Although some may simply be intended for cooling, PTACs frequently offer both heating and cooling. PTACs are made to regulate the air in a specific room or designated area of a building.
TAC Units use different designs to provide heating or cooling using one of the following methods:
- Electric Resistance Heaters: The air distribution part of PTACs uses electric resistance heaters to provide heat. For these units to run the electric resistance heaters effectively, 240-volt wiring is typically needed.
- Operating as a Heat Pump: A packaged terminal heat pump (PTHP) has the ability to create heat by reversing its refrigeration cycle. Generally speaking, packaged terminal heat pumps are suited for places where it rarely gets below freezing. The machine automatically chooses between heat and cooling mode based on the measured air temperature, and the control can be set to the desired temperature.
- Operating As a Heat Pump With an Electric Resistance Heater: Heat Pumps are up to three times more efficient at producing heat than electric resistance heating. A packed terminal heat pump will consume substantially less energy than a packaged terminal air conditioner with electric resistance in all but the coldest climates.
- Gas-Fired Heating: Another form of PTAC has a gas-fired heater that operates with electronic ignition and either LP or natural gas that is delivered to the system. The PTAC's heater part is totally isolated from the interior living area. For combustion, it pulls in outside air, and it also exhausts combustion byproducts outdoors. Through the use of a heat exchanger, the heat from combustion is transmitted indoors while maintaining perfect separation between the indoor and combustion air. A gas-fired heater's one disadvantage is that a gas line must be run to the appliance.
Notes: All PTAC units in Canada can use R-22, R134A, or R-410 refrigerant.
Sizes & Custom Dimensions for PTAC
PTAC Units come in a variety of conventional sizes, including 42x16, 36x15, 40x15, and 26x16 inches. Some older PTACs might have unique measurements. We have frequently observed non-standard dimensions. If so, we can assist you in placing an order for brand-new, specifically designed PTAC units.
Manufacturer's Warranty for PTAC
All PTAC installations at Armanch come with a warranty on the labor for at least a year. Additionally, the majority of PTAC units include a 6-year compressor warranty and a 1-year limited parts warranty.