Job position HVAC installers
Job position: HVAC installers (assistance)
An HVAC Installer is responsible for installing, repairing, and maintaining heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems in residential, commercial, or industrial settings. This role involves a range of tasks related to HVAC system installation, including:
- System Installation: Installing HVAC systems, including heating units, air conditioning units, ventilation systems, ductwork, thermostats, and other components according to specifications and blueprints.
- Preparation Work: Measuring, cutting, and fitting ductwork or piping to ensure proper airflow and system operation.
- Testing Systems: Testing installed HVAC systems to ensure proper functioning, including checking for leaks, assessing airflow, and confirming thermostat functionality.
- Documentation: Keeping accurate records of work performed, parts used, and any issues encountered during installation.
- Troubleshooting: Diagnosing and troubleshooting problems that may arise during installation and making necessary adjustments or repairs.
- Adhering to Codes and Regulations: Ensuring compliance with building codes, safety standards, and manufacturer specifications throughout the installation process.
- Customer Interaction: Occasionally interacting with customers to explain the installed systems, their operation, and maintenance requirements.
- Canada work permit
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of a certified HVAC program (G2 license)
- Knowledge of HVAC systems, tools, and equipment
- Sound knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems, temperatures, and control systems
- Ability to adhere to safety precautions and maintain a safe work environment.
- Valid and clear driver’s license
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Availability to work flexible hours or overtime as needed.
- WHMIS Certification
- Own all essential tools
HVAC Installers need a combination of technical skills, including knowledge of HVAC systems, mechanical aptitude, proficiency in reading blueprints, and understanding wiring diagrams. Strong attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and adherence to safety protocols are crucial in this role. Many HVAC Installers acquire their skills through apprenticeships, trade schools, or on-the-job training.